Though I’ve advertised this on Facebook and Instagram for a while now, some readers might be unaware of the podcast I co-host with Lisa at Delighting in My Days! Uniquely Woman is a podcast for women of all ages and walks of life. It is where Lisa and I discuss topics relevant to womanhood, from the practical (meal planning, habit forming) to the spiritual (marital roles, purity, and Bible study).
From now on I will be embedding the episode in a blog post, but you can also listen in iTunes by searching “Uniquely Woman” in the podcast section. Leave rating and review – that helps us reach more listeners!
Episode 19: Questions for Goal Setting
This week Lisa and I are sharing questions you should ask before you start setting goals- especially if you are stuck on starting. We’re also sharing questions to consider after setting some goals to make sure these goals will work with your life.
Pre goal setting:
- What work has God already put in front of you? Start there.
- What areas are you gifted in? Do the next step.
- What’s on your heart that you can’t shake? For example, Phylicia was already exploring the idea of starting a podcast when I approached her about co-hosting this one. Explore those ideas.
- When am I going to work on this?
- What resources do I have?
- What accountability can I build in?
In other words, is this goal reasonable for my life in this season?
Lisa divides goals into three categories: personal, family, and work. I use Powersheets and set no more than ten for the year.
What would you like to hear Lisa and I discuss on the podcast? Feel free to suggest topics in the comments and peruse the other topics we’ve covered in the iTunes list!
Photo Credit: Autumn Duran(c)