The Verity Podcast
The Verity podcast is hosted by author, speaker and public theologian Phylicia Masonheimer. Covering topics of faith and culture from a biblical perspective, through a historical lens, the podcast is designed to inspire you to ask better questions, go deeper in faith, and defend your beliefs with both grace and logic.
Featured Episode: Legalism
- Every fall the posts and hot takes are flying: Should Christians celebrate Halloween? In this episode, Phy breaks down the history of Samhain and All Hallowed's Eve, then discusses how to discern the celebration of this holiday and the options of imitation, abstention, or redemption. She also discusses magic in books and movies.
- The early church fought to defend the core doctrines of Christianity, and one of the ways they did this was through the creeds!These statements of faith have been handed down over centuries. Learn how these creeds impact us and what we can learn from the early church.
- In this episode we look at how Scripture describes God's voice and how to hear Him in prayer. We discuss the Spirit's role in speaking, how to check a voice against God's word, and how God's nearness invites us to listen.
- Who doesn't love a book recommendation? A new monthly episode of book recs is coming to Verity and we're starting with children's faith based books and bibles! Phy shares her top seven books for discipling her own kids, ages 2, 5, and 7. --Books-- The Jesus Storybook Bible The Spirit of God Illustrated Bible The Biggest Story Seek and Find: Old Testament Bible Stories Bible Infographics for Kids Read It, See It, Say It, Sing It Any Time, Any Place, Any Prayer
- What do you look for in a church when moving, switching to a new gathering, or visiting for the first time? This episode breaks down just a few things to keep in mind and questions to ask during the church hunt process!
About Your Host
Phylicia Masonheimer is a best-selling author, speaker, and founder of Every Woman a Theologian. She teaches strong-hearted women how to follow Christ’s call in work, home, and the world.
She writes about the Bible, productivity, and sexuality on her website, and her latest book is entitled Stop Calling Me Beautiful: Finding Soul-Deep Strength in a Skin-Deep World.
She lives with her husband and two daughters in northern Michigan.