The Verity Podcast
The Verity podcast is hosted by author, speaker and public theologian Phylicia Masonheimer. Covering topics of faith and culture from a biblical perspective, through a historical lens, the podcast is designed to inspire you to ask better questions, go deeper in faith, and defend your beliefs with both grace and logic.
Featured Episode: Legalism
- Looking at 1 John 4 and testing the spirits, we discuss a reader question about discernment, discernment "ministries", and how to discern biblically without giving into a fault-finding, judgmental spirit.
- The Verity with Phylicia Masonheimer podcast is BACK for it's 4th Season! In this series Phylicia is changing things up a bit with new format. She will answer some of the many "random" questions she receives on her Instagram Ask Anything Mondays events.
- I was thrilled to have Mike Winger of BibleThinker on to discuss charismatic theology, new apostolic reformation and the Passion Translation.
- In this final episode of the Women's Issues series we wrap up with a question and answer you sent in from Instagram. We discuss head coverings, epidurals, gender-specific emotions, and whether or not to leave a church over its view of women. Show notes for all episodes are on the blog.
- Don't cause a brother to stumble. It's a message most of us heard, at least if we grew up in purity culture. But is this what Scripture teaches about modesty? Is it just about sex and helping men stay pure? This episode delves into the issue of the "weaker brother", modesty as humility, and honoring the imago dei in ourselves and others.
About Your Host
Phylicia Masonheimer is a best-selling author, speaker, and founder of Every Woman a Theologian. She teaches strong-hearted women how to follow Christ’s call in work, home, and the world.
She writes about the Bible, productivity, and sexuality on her website, and her latest book is entitled Stop Calling Me Beautiful: Finding Soul-Deep Strength in a Skin-Deep World.
She lives with her husband and two daughters in northern Michigan.