This week, Lisa and I tackle the idea of interpreting Bible passages well. We want to be faithful to the Scripture and what they actually mean and that requires intentional study. We share five questions to ask before you decide that your interpretation of a Bible passage is correct. We also include some helpful thoughts on Bible study.
- What does the passage actually say? What would it have said to the original audience?
- Does this interpretation disrupt any major theological truths?
- What is the narrative on the topic throughout the whole Bible? Does this interpretation agree?
- What does this interpretation say about the character of God?
- Does this interpretation play out in real life? (and across the world, not just middle-class America)
Join the Community!
Want tips on structuring your time with God so He gets first priority each day? Download your free PDF AND get access to my 5-day email course on overcoming common spiritual struggles! Join my email community for access!
Your information will be kept completely private. By signing up, you consent to receive weekly emails from Phylicia Masoneheimer.