What does Genesis 3:16 mean – her desire is “for” her husband? What does 1 Timothy 2 intend, saying women must remain silent? How does this play out in marriage?
This is the subject of this week’s episode of Verity podcast! Marriage is a woman’s issue as much as a man’s, and the Bible has some interesting takes on it. How do we understand verses on submission in marriage? What does that mean for a woman today?
In this episode I mention resources for deeper study, which is essential to broad understanding of this topic. Here are some resources to help:
- Half the Church by Carolyn Custis James
- Neither Complementarian Nor Egalitarian by Michelle Lee-Barnwell
- Paul and Gender by Cynthia Long Westfall
- Worthy by Fitzpatrick and Schumacher
- Recovering from Biblical Manhood and Womanhood by Aimee Byrd
- Women saved through childbearing
- “Stealth translation” of Genesis 3:16b
- Alternate view on Genesis 3:16b
- Messianic commentary on 1 Tim 2
- After Class podcast series on women