This week Lisa and I talk about why you should read your Bible. Devotionals can be helpful, and have their place, but nothing replaces reading God’s Word for yourself. We are going to walk through Psalm 19:7-11 in this episode so get out your Bible if you want to follow along.
- The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. The Bible shows us the nature of God and the nature of sin. The first reason we go to the Bible is to find out who God is. Then we discover who we are, with and without Christ.
- The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. You find out how to live God’s way by reading the Bible. We also include a slight tangent about finding God’s will in this section.
- The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart. Ask God to give you insight into and a desire for the Word. Explore different study methods if you are getting stuck studying the Bible.
- The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The Bible reveals the truth, the way to walk, and what sin is. It also transforms your life as you encounter God.
- The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever. God’s Word is unchanging; it is a firm foundation for your life.
- The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. Psalm 119:128 Either all the Bible is true and you are going to accept it or you don’t accept any of it.
- More to be desired are they than gold. As you cultivate your walk with God, your desire for the Bible will increase. Also, honesty in prayer is totally acceptable.
- Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward. The Bible tells us what to avoid. God blesses obedience. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Join the Community!
This short course on living as an OVERCOMER will come straight to your inbox. Sign up today and you'll also receive my free bible study guide about God's relationship with women!